Girlfriend Collective Run Shorts High-Rise - Made from Recycled Plastic Bottles
The Run Short has a high rise and a cute, compressive fit that stays put so you can focus on the important things like improving that mile time or avoiding real pants as you catwalk into the kitchen.Features:
- Small hidden back pocket for keys or cards
- Sweat-wicking fabric
- S oft yet sturdy construction with four-way stretch
- Made from 79% recycled plastic bottles (RPET) and 21% spandex
- Designed for high-impact workouts
To take care of them, machine wash cold with like colors and line dry flat. We recommend using a Guppyfriend washing bag.What’s sustainable?
- Recycled PET
- Ethical and transparent manufacturing process
- Certifications: Bluesign, SA8000, GRS, Oeko-Tex
- 15 water bottles diverted from landfills
- 11.16 lbs CO2 prevented
- 1.86 gallons water saved
“A bunch of old water bottles has never looked so good!”
Girlfriend Collective believes in ethical manufacturing and recycled materials. In addition, the brand believes that health and wellness come in many shapes and sizes, and that representation matters. The colorful designed tops and leggings are made to fit all body types.
The brand was founded in 2016 by a couple, Ellie and Quang Dinh. Transparency was their first goal when starting Girlfriend Collective and it is still one of the most important values for them.
Old water bottles and fishing nets are the main raw materials for production. Recycled polyester comes from Taiwan which is nowadays the leader in recycling. Leggings are made from 25 recycled post-consumer water bottles. The Girlfriend Collective processing center is owned by a Taiwanese family and is certified by the Taiwanese government. Factories have an SA8000 certificate which guarantees that employees are paid a fair wage and treated with respect. Girlfriend is actively looking for ways to help the planet and its inhabitants.
- Bluesign - Guarantee of product safety
- SA8000 - Ethical garment manufacturing guarantee
- Oeko-Tex - Safe textiles
- GRS - Global Recycled Standard