Girlfriend Collective W's Float High-Rise Bike Shorts - Made from 90% recycled plastic bottles
Get yourself a bike short that can do both. Just as good for leisuring as they are for leg day, these FLOAT bike shorts are lightweight, breathable and luxuriously soft.Features
Designed with a soft, breezy fabric made from recycled bottles, the FLOAT High-Rise Bike Shorts keep you cool, comfy and feeling cute. And the high rise makes them go great with a crop top, sports bra or oversized tee. Up to you, really.
- Lightweight, yet substantial — perfect for all workouts and activities
- Sweat-wicking and quick-drying
- Buttery soft hand feel
- Brushed matte finish
- Small hidden back pocket for keys or cards
- UPF 50+
- Made from 90% recycled plastic bottles (RPET) and 10% spandex
- Fits true to you, we’d suggest going with your normal size
- Rise: 10 1/4” rise on size S
- Inseam: 8.5”
To take care of it, machine wash cold with like colors and dry flat. We recommend using a Guppyfriend washing bag.What's sustainable?
- Ethical and transparent manufacturing process
- Made from recycled plastic bottles
- 11.25 water bottles diverted from landfills
- 15.1 lbs CO2 prevented
- 2.7 KWH of energy saved
"A bunch of old water bottles has never looked so good!"
Girlfriend Collective believes in ethical manufacturing and recycled materials. In addition, the brand believes that health and wellness come in many shapes and sizes, and that representation matters. The colorful designed tops and leggings are made to fit all body types.
The brand was founded in 2016 by a couple, Ellie and Quang Dinh. Transparency was their first goal when starting Girlfriend Collective and it is still one of the most important values for them.
Old water bottles and fishing nets are the main raw materials for production. Recycled polyester comes from Taiwan which is nowadays the leader in recycling. Leggings are made from 25 recycled post-consumer water bottles. The Girlfriend Collective processing center is owned by a Taiwanese family and is certified by the Taiwanese government. Factories have an SA8000 certificate which guarantees that employees are paid a fair wage and treated with respect. Girlfriend is actively looking for ways to help the planet and its inhabitants.
- Bluesign - Guarantee of product safety
- SA8000 - Ethical garment manufacturing guarantee
- Oeko-Tex - Safe textiles
- GRS - Global Recycling Standard